Thursday, October 12, 2006

Andy Dick GAP Commercial Parody



I'm personally not a fan of Dick's humor and after the William Shatner Roast, I felt like much of his audience may have tired of the puns on his open bi-sexuality. But, this video clip is actually pretty clever.
It would be even more so if Jay Leno hadn't spoofed the Audrey Hepburn Gap skinny black pant commercial on The Tonight Show.

If you are unfamiliar with the original Gap advertisement, I suggest reading Adfreak's commentary on the campaign:

a Funny Face-era Audrey Hepburn dancing to AC/DC’s “Back in Black”? The new commercial, which landed in my e-mail box over night, is meant to relaunch Gap’s skinny black pant, according to creative director Trey Laird, who talks about the ad in this video on the Gap site. While I get the point, there’s something so discordant about Angus Young teamed with Audrey Hepburn.

No comments: